January 15, 2017

5 fun things to check out...


Hey everyone!  I hope you’re having a fabulous weekend! I wanted to take a few minutes to share a few things that have got me excited this week. First is the premiere of Victoria on Masterpiece. I’ve heard really great things about this show, and I’m hoping it will help replace Downton Abbey as one of my favorite Sunday night treats. 

This gorgeously done show tells the real story of a young Princess Victoria, who has grown up in a very sheltered environment. The story begins as she becomes Queen of England, falls in love and soon becomes the most powerful woman in the world! 

The details and period costumes look like they're right on par with the stunning production of Downton Abbey. Look for the show on your favorite PBS station. 

And speaking of great things in Britain, if you’re a fan of Ladies of London, then you may have gotten a peek at Dundas Castle on this week’s episode. The ladies plan a little getaway at this magnificent Scottish Castle in Edinburgh. 

The rooms and the grounds are spectacular, and (again) very Downton Abbey! I know next time I’m in the UK, I will try to plan a side trip to Dundas. As you may have noticed, I’m a bit of an Anglophile, so this gets me really excited. Planning my next rip now…lol!


And now off to Denmark… Hygge! I’ve been seeing this word everywhere! Have you? In my head, I kept pronouncing it High-Ghee, but it’s actually Hoo-Guh. Anyways, hygee loosely means comfort in the old Danish language, and it’s basically a word used to express things you can do to comfort yourself, and create a cozy environment

For those cold winter days and nights, think a warm fire, a luxurious blanket, your favorite candles flickering, and a delicious beverage to warm your soul. This is what I thrive for everyday! 


Coziness, and now we have 
a whole movement, 
Hygge!


I’m thrilled to welcome two new sponsors to my blog this year, Brick House Fabrics and Cushy Chic Outdoor Slipcovers and Accessories. Brick House Fabrics offers thousands of different novelty home decorating fabrics by the yard. They import many of their fabrics directly from mills in Europe. 

Cushy Chic is the perfect one-stop site for recovering outdoor cushions, at budget friendly prices. They’ve developed a special patent-pending technology to create their outdoor fabrics that come in several fun colors. 



Have a lovely Sunday, 
and let me know what you think of Victoria, 
if you get a chance to watch!  

ciao! fabiana

No comments:

sub



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

more recent posts...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...